Sunday 3 February 2013

2013 Team Raleigh camp Recap

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening.
I am sad to say that the 2013 Team Raleigh camp has come to an end and though I am sad to be looking at it in the rearview mirror I couldn't be more excited about the season to come! I have beent o a few different training camps in my day and this was in my opinion the best by far, from team camaraderie  to the terrain and training, to the staff and accommodations.
All and all simply put, amazing.

I'll go through some of the highlights from the last week in a moment but first, looking ahead. We leave today to go back "Home". I have seriously high hopes of returning to a snow free and dare I ask dry Derby?? Tomorrow being Monday and a traditional rest day the plan is to mount the trusty stead and set out with sights upon a fine cup of bean juice. (Pelideli look out, baring a weather delay you'll have 1/2dozen commonwealthers heading your direction come noon!) Rumor has it that this is the best coffee east of Vancouver... Bold statement.

As hard as it will be to leave this paradise behind believe it or not I'm really looking forward to going back to Derby, becuase like I said before, IF the snow is gone it's going to be a totally new place, new home, new people, new(side of) roads, new SEASON! And that is exciting, if all goes to plan it should only be for about 10days and then we'll be off to our first race of the year Tour du Haut Var . Had a quick look on Amazon and race legs still aren't in stock so...here's to hopin they show up in the next couple weeks! With many of the top world tour teams showing up it's going to be a great test of form for sure... Game time!

Ok, on to the good stuff....the highlight reel! Enjoy.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Matt HolmesI promise you will hear more about this kid as the season goes on as he has about as much talent as he does entertainment value...and he's VERY entertaining.

The "Best Of" Panorama shot from the week.









Some say you've made it when you're name is on your bike, you know you've REALLY made it when it's on the side of a Van!

Team Sky and my pal Ian Boswell we're only staying a block away... I think they bought this hotel or something...rumor...truth??

It's not always hard work and sweating...Sometimes you have to enjoy the finer things.

Best of the rest...














The past 10 days have been an amazing journey and I'm really looking forward to sharing my future adventures down the road.

Stay tuned.

RB

1 comment: